Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Vsn Vsn is offline

Default Picture

Hello all,

I did insert a picture (brack & white [JPG]) into my document but are unable
to see it on the screen. If I take the file to another computer I do see it
in the document. I have tried to compare the settings of the two computers
but can not find the diffrence. No the strange thing is if I add or remove a
tool bar, I do see the picture until i scroll it off the screen, with
scrolling back the picture does not come back.

Could anyone give me a clue what I could do to tame this ghost image.

Thx,
Ludovic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Ludovic,

This is probably because your PC's display driver doesn't work well with Word. Check the maker's website for an updated driver.
failing that, you could try reducing the display hardware acceleration via the Windows Control Panel.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Vsn" vsn at hotmail wrote in message ...
Hello all,

I did insert a picture (brack & white [JPG]) into my document but are unable to see it on the screen. If I take the file to
another computer I do see it in the document. I have tried to compare the settings of the two computers but can not find the
diffrence. No the strange thing is if I add or remove a tool bar, I do see the picture until i scroll it off the screen, with
scrolling back the picture does not come back.

Could anyone give me a clue what I could do to tame this ghost image.

Thx,
Ludovic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aneasiertomorrow aneasiertomorrow is offline

Hi

Have you tried Tools-Options-View-Show-Picture Placeholders unticked?
Not sure why the toolbar thing would make a difference but it's worth a
look... Also have you installed all updates?

Lucy
--
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au

If this post answered your question please let us know as others may be
interested too

"Vsn" wrote:

Hello all,

I did insert a picture (brack & white [JPG]) into my document but are unable
to see it on the screen. If I take the file to another computer I do see it
in the document. I have tried to compare the settings of the two computers
but can not find the diffrence. No the strange thing is if I add or remove a
tool bar, I do see the picture until i scroll it off the screen, with
scrolling back the picture does not come back.

Could anyone give me a clue what I could do to tame this ghost image.

Thx,
Ludovic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Also go into Printer options (Tools, Options, Print tab) and make sure that
Drawing Objects is checked under the Include section.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Vsn" vsn at hotmail wrote in message
Hello all,

I did insert a picture (brack & white [JPG]) into my document but are
unable to see it on the screen. If I take the file to another computer I
do see it in the document. I have tried to compare the settings of the two
computers but can not find the diffrence. No the strange thing is if I add
or remove a tool bar, I do see the picture until i scroll it off the
screen, with scrolling back the picture does not come back.

Could anyone give me a clue what I could do to tame this ghost image.

Thx,
Ludovic

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Vsn Vsn is offline

Hi all,

Thx for the 3 advices. I will try later, I currently travel and do not have
access to the troublesome computer. Will respond once I hopefully succeeded
with your advices.

Thx,
Ludovic