Intravler

Default How do I setup first page header/footer when using mail merge?

I'm setting up a list document (using label doc type) to merge name/address
in two columns. I also want to include a header/footer on the first page
only. However, when I set set 'Different first page' on page layout my
header/footer still prints on successive pages. Can anyone recommend how I
should setup my document?
Doug Robbins

Insert the header/footer after executing the merge. Or, use a formletter
type mailmerge main document.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Intravler" wrote in message
I'm setting up a list document (using label doc type) to merge
name/address
in two columns. I also want to include a header/footer on the first page
only. However, when I set set 'Different first page' on page layout my
header/footer still prints on successive pages. Can anyone recommend how I
should setup my document?

Intravler

Thanks for your reply Doug, however I'm setting this merge document up for
others to make use of, hopefully, without having to maintain the document
once the merge is complete.

I have attempted to use both a 'letters' and 'normal word document' main
document. Both repeat the the header/footer even though I have 'Different
first page' selected in the page layout. Am I setting up the header/footer
incorrectly or is this something mailmerge just does not support? Is it
possible to automate adding the header/footer using a macro, if so how would
you go about setting it up?

"Intravler" wrote in message
I'm setting up a list document (using label doc type) to merge
name/address
in two columns. I also want to include a header/footer on the first page
only. However, when I set set 'Different first page' on page layout my
header/footer still prints on successive pages. Can anyone recommend how I
should setup my document?

Doug Robbins

When you execute the formletter merge, the first page of each Section will
contain the header and footer. However, you can use EditReplace to remove
the Section Breaks and then the header and footer should only appear on the
first page.
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

Insert the header/footer after executing the merge. Or, use a formletter
type mailmerge main document.

interested. Questions sent directly to me will only be answered on a
paid
consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP