Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default align endnote to buttom of page

endnotes appear just after the text is finished. I dont want to put a section
break and take them to next page. I want them to appear at the bottom of same
page.
Align to bittom in PAge setup didn't work. How can I solve this issue?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To increase the distance between the start of endnotes and the last
paragraph of the main body of the document, you can add some Spacing
Before to the endnote separator: On the View menu, click Normal. On
the View menu, click Footnotes. In the Endnotes pane, select the
Endnote Separator item. Add the desired amount of Spacing Before (via
Format | Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
endnotes appear just after the text is finished. I dont want to put

a section
break and take them to next page. I want them to appear at the

bottom of same
page.
Align to bittom in PAge setup didn't work. How can I solve this

issue?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note also that if you don't want a line, you can delete the actual separator
and just add the Spacing Before. If endnotes will spill over to the next
page, you may also want to eliminate the Endnote Continuation Separator or
do something creative with it.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Dear Stefan
Thansk for your info.
I could understand the second part of your reply which is adding space. but
I didn't get your point with first part that is:
On the View menu, click Normal. On
the View menu, click Footnotes. In the Endnotes pane, select the
Endnote Separator item.

In view clicking footnotes goes only to endnote and no pane appears.
However ignoring this part I can add the space I want.
WORD 2003
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

In normal view I dont see endnote pane. endnote itself is not visibl!
I inserted space without going to normal view and it workd. is this the
reason?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You won't see the endnotes in Normal view, but when you use View |
Footnotes, the Endnotes pane will open.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You must be in Normal view to see the Endnotes pane. If you are in Print
Layout view, you will go to the Endnotes section of the document.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

First switch to Normal view (click Normal on the View menu), then
display the endnotes/footnotes pane (click Footnotes on the View
menu).

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You must be in Normal view to see the Endnotes pane. If you are in

Print
Layout view, you will go to the Endnotes section of the document.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in

message