Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Viktor Erdélyi Viktor Erdélyi is offline

Default Multilevel list - is it a bug?

Open the "define new multilevel list" dialog box, and assume that you have
the "add tab stop at ..." checkbox checked at level 1 and 2. Select level 1,
uncheck the add tab checkbox, click on level 2, uncheck the add tab checkbox,
then select level 1 again. The add tab checkbox will be checked! Is it my
fault or is it a bug?
PS.: if you click OK at each change, it works, but if you try to modify
multiple ones, it doesn't.
(Word 2007)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I can reproduce this behavior. It certainly seems like a bug to me.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Viktor Erdélyi" wrote in message
Open the "define new multilevel list" dialog box, and assume that you have
the "add tab stop at ..." checkbox checked at level 1 and 2. Select level
1,
uncheck the add tab checkbox, click on level 2, uncheck the add tab
checkbox,
then select level 1 again. The add tab checkbox will be checked! Is it my
fault or is it a bug?
PS.: if you click OK at each change, it works, but if you try to modify
multiple ones, it doesn't.
(Word 2007)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FWIW, this is similar to the operation of the Tab dialog. You can set
multiple tab stops in one go, but you have to click Set after each one; if
you just set them all and click OK, only the last one is actually retained.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
I can reproduce this behavior. It certainly seems like a bug to me.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Viktor Erdélyi" wrote in message
Open the "define new multilevel list" dialog box, and assume that you

have
the "add tab stop at ..." checkbox checked at level 1 and 2. Select

level
1,
uncheck the add tab checkbox, click on level 2, uncheck the add tab
checkbox,
then select level 1 again. The add tab checkbox will be checked! Is it

my
fault or is it a bug?
PS.: if you click OK at each change, it works, but if you try to modify
multiple ones, it doesn't.
(Word 2007)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Viktor Erdélyi Viktor Erdélyi is offline

That's ok, but the two things are different. In the Tab dialog, you have to
click on "set" and you remain in the same dialog box, but here you have to
click ok, that closes the box, you have to find the box again, set another
value, etc. I think it's a bit annoying.

And: if you have those boxes _unchecked_ in the multilevel list dialog at
the beginning, selecting multiple ones without clicking on "ok" works, but if
you start with checked boxes, it behaves the way I explained before
So whatever, the behaviour is not consistent.

Erm.. and is this the right place to report "suspected bugs" to the
developers, or is there a dedicated place for that?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are probably other bug-reporting mechanisms that may be more effective
than posting here, but I'm not conversant with them. Perhaps someone else
can answer. I would escalate this issue for you, but I'm not using Word 2007
yet, so I can't reproduce the error.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

FWIW, this is similar to the operation of the Tab dialog. You can set
multiple tab stops in one go, but you have to click Set after each one;

if
you just set them all and click OK, only the last one is actually

retained.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

ESCalated in the private Word group.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There are probably other bug-reporting mechanisms that may be more
effective
than posting here, but I'm not conversant with them. Perhaps someone else
can answer. I would escalate this issue for you, but I'm not using Word
2007
yet, so I can't reproduce the error.

so
all may benefit.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks, Stefan.

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
ESCalated in the private Word group.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
There are probably other bug-reporting mechanisms that may be more
effective
than posting here, but I'm not conversant with them. Perhaps someone

else
can answer. I would escalate this issue for you, but I'm not using Word
2007
yet, so I can't reproduce the error.

newsgroup
so