Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peter NZ Peter NZ is offline

Default Can I automatically shrink and an A4 document to create a booklet?

I have an A4 document, that I want to shrink and turn to landscape to be able
to print a booklet. I dont want to reformat the entire document. I was
wondering if there was a "zoom" type option, or shrink and rotate (from
portrait to landscape), that I havent seen before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peter NZ[_2_] Peter NZ[_2_] is offline

Default Can I automatically shrink and an A4 document to create a book

Close, but page 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6 etc are together.
For a booklet, to be able to fold and staple down the middle, need page 1
and 16 together with 2 and 15 on the back, 3 and 14 with 4 and 13, 5 and 12
with 6 and 11, 7 and 10 with 8 and 9.

Peter NZ wrote:

I have an A4 document, that I want to shrink and turn to landscape to be able
to print a booklet. I dont want to reformat the entire document. I was
wondering if there was a "zoom" type option, or shrink and rotate (from
portrait to landscape), that I havent seen before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Peter NZ[_2_] Peter NZ[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne

I tried that in Page Setup, unfortunately it requires a complete reformat of
the entire document. If using the "Book Fold" option, it should have been
selected before the document was started as recommended in Help, but this is
someone elses document, and they didnt.

The "Pages per sheet" option shrinks it down to the correct size, and turned
it landscape, but does not paginate correctly (as per my previous post)

Its almost as if there needs to be a "Print as Booklet" option to be used in
conjunction with the "Pages per sheet" option in the Print options window,
not just the Page Setup option window

Thanks for your idea.

Peter

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Try "Book fold" instead.

Peter NZ wrote:

I have an A4 document, that I want to shrink and turn to landscape to

be able
to print a booklet. I dont want to reformat the entire document. I was
wondering if there was a "zoom" type option, or shrink and rotate

(from
portrait to landscape), that I havent seen before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you tried the macro at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tPrinting.htm? I'm not sure
whether it uses the "2 pages per sheet" in Page Setup or the one in the
Print dialog, but if it's the latter, that would work for you. If not, then
you can do a 16-page booklet manually without too much trouble; just specify
the pages in the order needed (16, 1, 2, 15, 14, 3, etc.).

"Peter NZ" wrote in message
Thanks Suzanne

I tried that in Page Setup, unfortunately it requires a complete reformat

of
the entire document. If using the "Book Fold" option, it should have been
selected before the document was started as recommended in Help, but this

is
someone elses document, and they didnt.

The "Pages per sheet" option shrinks it down to the correct size, and

turned
it landscape, but does not paginate correctly (as per my previous post)

Its almost as if there needs to be a "Print as Booklet" option to be used

in
conjunction with the "Pages per sheet" option in the Print options window,
not just the Page Setup option window

Thanks for your idea.

Peter

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote: