Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout,microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_12_] John[_12_] is offline

Default Changing the default view mode for a specific document

When I open one particular Word document which was created by someone
else, it looks "ugly". There are boxes and icons visible. When I print
the document it looks fine. I haven't seen this problem before with
other documents. How do I correct this so that it looks normal on-screen
when it is first opened? Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Steve Steve is offline

Click on view, change to the view you prefer. Save the document, close and
re-open...should be OK.

"John" wrote:

When I open one particular Word document which was created by someone
else, it looks "ugly". There are boxes and icons visible. When I print
the document it looks fine. I haven't seen this problem before with
other documents. How do I correct this so that it looks normal on-screen
when it is first opened? Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Provided the document is actually saved; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

http://word.mvps.org