Rob

Default Page Layout, Printing Receipts

I am really stuck. I am running a mail merge for doing receipts. My Recipt
is 8.5" x 7". I woud like to print the receipt onto perforated paper, split
into 2 3.5" sections. How can I do this and print them? Do I have to buy
8.5" x 7" paper, or can I use legal size and print 2 per page? The problem
is when I run the merge, and get 2+ receipts. Word wants to print 1 receipt
per page, instead of printing to on the legal page, and then starting the the
next receipt on the next piece of paper. 8.5 x 7" perforated paper is not
easy to fine. Any ideas???

You could set this up as a Label merge with two "labels" per page, but if
you have Word 2000 or above, an easier way is to use a Letter merge, which
will give you one receipt per page, combined with the "2 pages per sheet"
setting in Page Setup, which will give you two logical pages for each
physical page. Start with the Legal paper size and Portrait orientation, and
"2 pages per sheet" will give you the two pages, one above the other. Then
set up the rest of the merge just as you would for separate pages.