Ian

Default Possible to set up default footer with file and path name?

I want to set Word to open all new docum,ents with a footer already set which
shows the file and path name.

How can I set this?

Stefan Blom

But do *not* add
this footer to Normal.dot.

Ian, the reason for this is briefly discussed in the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You can insert the filename or filename and path using the

appropriate entry
from the AutoText menu on the Header and Footer toolbar.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.