Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Froehlij Froehlij is offline

Default Envelope printing

Hi,

I have a HP Dc7800 Computer, I am running Microsoft Word 2003, and i have a
particular problem. I am trying to print envelopes from my Dell 1815DN
Multifunction printer, when i use Word's Envelope's and Label Wizard and
print My Printer grabs 2 envelopes. The first of which prints as i want, the
2nd prints blank. I found that if i turn off the duplexer then it prints as
it should, but i can't keep turning my duplexer on and off. If i only put one
envelope in, of course it will pull only that one, but if i try to print
another one later, it will print out a blank Envelope before printing my next
project.

I have also tried to re-create the problem by using the regular print
function on a document, but making the pages go through the manual feed like
envelopes. Using the regular print function the problem did NOT happen.
However when i used the Envelope and label wizard with regular paper the
problem persisted.

I Believe this is some sort of problem between the Envelope Wizard and My
Printer but i am not sure how to resolve this. Any Suggestions would be
greatly apprciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I suggest that you take this up with Dell support: the duplexer should pull
back in the printed envelope to duplex the reverse and not pull in a new
envelope. Word does not control this.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Froehlij" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Froehlij Froehlij is offline

I would be inclined to agree with you, except the printer works fine in every
other application, This is the only one place where the printer behaves like
this. So it is unlikely that it is the printer itself and not something
inside the program.

"Froehlij" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

So you print envelopes from the envelope feeder correctly from another
application? Word prints fine to my Canon duplex printer!

Terry

"Froehlij" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Froehlij Froehlij is offline

That is correct, they were able to print correctly from that tray with
another application.