Hans L

Default Language(s) above the double line in language window

Hello: In Word 2000, standard toolbar, language windows, english (with a
checkmark) is the only language above the double, horizontal line . Since I
use Swedish, and it is far down the list, I wanted it also above the line.
After not having been able to do it, I just did it. I got "Swedish" to stay
above the line.

Now, after reinstalling Windows XP Home from scratch, and a 100+ apps, my
brain is mush, and I have absolutely no idea how I did the above. I have
tried to everything, including changing styles etc. "Swedish" is above
theline, but after saving, it is no longer there.

Could someone kindly take pitty on me and give me a hint on how to get
"Swedish" permanently above the double line (together with the already
present "English").

Thank you,

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SGFucyBM?=,

Generally, I'd say the list should retain the most recently applied languages.
But it may be that you also need to have them activated in the Office Language
Tool (Start/Programs/Microsoft Office), so you do need to check there.

In Word 2000, standard toolbar, language windows, english (with a
checkmark) is the only language above the double, horizontal line . Since I
use Swedish, and it is far down the list, I wanted it also above the line.
After not having been able to do it, I just did it. I got "Swedish" to stay
above the line.

Now, after reinstalling Windows XP Home from scratch, and a 100+ apps, my
brain is mush, and I have absolutely no idea how I did the above. I have
tried to everything, including changing styles etc. "Swedish" is above
theline, but after saving, it is no longer there.

Could someone kindly take pitty on me and give me a hint on how to get
"Swedish" permanently above the double line (together with the already
present "English").

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org