Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kristen Kristen is offline

Default Printing Custom Size Cards

I am trying to print custom size cards from Word 2003 to my printer (various
sizes, minimum is 3.5" x 5" and my printer (HP 5000 laser) will accept down
to 3" x 5"). I set up the custom size in the word document, then again on
the printer's advanced features from the print dialog box. Then I go to
print and the printer keeps aligning the document with the right edge (ie: if
it was a letter size). I've tried changing the settings on the printer, etc,
but nothing works. When I print it says "Load cardstock Letter". The
printer won't recognize my cardstock unless I align it in the middle, so
printing the cardstock by simply aligning it with the letter tab will not
work. However, the printer printed it correctly when I printed the same
thing from Adobe (choosing the same printer settings from the print dialog
box)! I would rather print from Word because I feel like I am losing
resolution by printing first to pdf, etc. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

If printing to PDF through Acrobat (I assume that's what you mean by
"Adobe") succeeds where printing directly to the HP fails, my first guess
would be that there may be a driver update required for your printer. Have
you checked the HP site?

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/07 12:51 PM, in article
, "Kristen"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Glad to help, & thanx for the touchback.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/07 3:37 PM, in article