Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zorro Zorro is offline

Default After pasting, document changes color to blue from auto black.

Original Word document is at the font and color (automatic black) that I
wanted. When I use "copy" option, to insert into the body of Office email,
the color changes (blue).

This is new...downloaded security updates a day ago. Everything worked
great before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

This is just a question, since I am not familiar with Office e-mail. Does
your e-mail program have a change tracking feature that might be turned on?
In Word, if you paste text into a document that has change tracking turned
on, the text often appears blue. Just accepting the change might turn it
back to black.

I hope it's something this easy.

Fred

"Zorro" wrote:

Original Word document is at the font and color (automatic black) that I
wanted. When I use "copy" option, to insert into the body of Office email,
the color changes (blue).

This is new...downloaded security updates a day ago. Everything worked
great before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zorro[_2_] Zorro[_2_] is offline

Thanks...but that option is not activated. Good point though. I'm thinking
this problem had to do with the Paste Options button.

Maybe I selected something without knowing. That is the little clip board
that appears when you have finished a paste; botttom corner of text.

I selected the keep "source formatting option"....first choice on that Paste
Options button. Seems ok...But I though I tried that earlier??? Fishy
little thing..

"Zorro" wrote:

Original Word document is at the font and color (automatic black) that I
wanted. When I use "copy" option, to insert into the body of Office email,
the color changes (blue).

This is new...downloaded security updates a day ago. Everything worked
great before.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Outlook uses Word as its email editor.

Word applies a style that brings in the blue text in email (for the sole
purpose of annoying ME, I might add!!)

When you paste Normal style into an email, it adopts the local formatting
and turns blue. To increase my annoyance...

Sorry about that...

On 16/2/07 12:53 PM, in article
, "Zorro"

"Zorro" wrote:

Original Word document is at the font and color (automatic black) that I
wanted. When I use "copy" option, to insert into the body of Office email,
the color changes (blue).

This is new...downloaded security updates a day ago. Everything worked
great before.

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410