Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Deirdre Deirdre is offline

Default How:get header to print correctly on even pages w/ Mirror Margins

Maybe I should be using Gutters? Printing 2-sided for insertion into 3-ring
binders and don't want to punch holes in text, but when I change to Mirror
Margins, even paged headers print way off to the left of the paper, and some
text is lost. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Deirdre

Deirdre wrote:
Maybe I should be using Gutters? Printing 2-sided for insertion into 3-ring
binders and don't want to punch holes in text, but when I change to Mirror
Margins, even paged headers print way off to the left of the paper, and some
text is lost. Help!

it shouldn't matter whether you're using gutters or a large enough
inside margin.

If your even page header behaves as you describe it, then it might be
done using shapes (floating objects, like pictures, and not set to be
"inline with text"). Placement of Shapes can be tricky in Word. For a
header, if its contents do not have to extend into the normal body text
area, you can easily use an inline shape, maybe in conjunction with a
borderless table, to place what you want.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Deirdre Deirdre is offline

Default How:get header to print correctly on even pages w/ Mirror Marg

THANKS Suzanne and Robert! Robert's info was helpful, and then Suzanne's
brief statement about my table indent inspired me to go back and try ( could
not figure out yesterday) how to get the edge of the table moved to the right
on my even pages. It worked perfectly, and now I'm golden. Thanks both
again very much

Deirdre wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Did you not get my email?

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Deirdre's header was created using a table with a negative 0.55" left
indent.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Deirdre wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Deirdre Deirdre is offline

yes, thanks Suzanne. But not until after I replied on this thread. I
replied separately/directly to your email. Did you receive?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you not get my email?

news

Deirdre wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Apparently not. I don't find a reply from you in any of my folders.

"Deirdre" wrote in message
news
yes, thanks Suzanne. But not until after I replied on this thread. I
replied separately/directly to your email. Did you receive?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you not get my email?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.