Can't delete section break (next page)

Old September 23rd 10, 10:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
a d

Default delete / remove section break (next page)

check out:

http://tortoiseshell.net/coffeebreak...on-breaks.html

i guess all you have to do is put the cursor BEFORE the break and just 'delete' it rather than trying to 'backspace' it

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:29 AM Bobbi wrote:

Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just will not go
away?

Bobbi

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:23 AM Dean wrote:

Try selecting the previous and following paragraph marks as well, then delete.
Does this work?
DeanH

"Bobbi" wrote:

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:49 PM Bobbi wrote:

No, it does not work. I have had this problem previously. Once you insert a
"section break (next page)" it is almost impossible to get rid of.

Sigh!

Bobbi

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:23 PM Bob Buckland ?:-\) wrote:

Hi Bobbi,

To remove the section break, one method is to be in Print layout view turn on the nonprinting character display using the show/hide
icon from the toolbar. Place your cursor just before the section break indicator in your document and tap the delete key twice.

===============
"Bobbi" wrote in message ...
No, it doesn't work. I've had this problem previously. Once you insert a
"section break (next page)" it's almost impossible to get rid of.

Sigh!

Bobbi
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

On Thursday, February 14, 2008 2:22 AM Bobbi wrote:

Hi, Bob-

No, that's not working for me either. (That's what I normally try to do.) It
deletes other stuff than the section break!

My problem always occurs in documents where I switch from one column (for
headings) to two columns (for text) using section breaks. Most of the
section breaks are continuous, but sometimes I need to use a section break-

However, I think it's easier to delete in Normal View, not print layout.

Bobbi

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

On Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:03 AM Dean wrote:

Now I understand, this in relation to a Multi-Column format.
This can cause aggrevation and I have had the same problem in the past.
Section Break Continuous is the best option to use for Column format
changes, one at start and one at end of the multiple column section (then end
one as you probably know helps with balancing the column lengths).
Is the Next Page break you wish to delete at the start, middle or end of the
multi-column section?
Is the NextPage break the one that starts the multi-column section?
If so, instead of deleting, have you tried changing the break to a
continuous and then use Page Break Before paragraph setting to accomplish the
desired effect.
DeanH

"Bobbi" wrote:

On Thursday, February 14, 2008 11:54 PM Bobbi wrote:

Hi, Dean-

You're right that using Section Break Continuous and then Page Break seems
to be the best way to go. But it seems to be easier to delete the Section
Break Next Page while in Normal View. However, I'm just not gonna use it any
more.

Bobbi

"DeanH" wrote in message

On Friday, February 15, 2008 8:37 AM Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Deleting section breaks rarely works the way you intended, but you can
change the section start type on the Layout tab of Page Setup.

"Bobbi" wrote in message

On Monday, February 18, 2008 4:25 AM Stefan Blom wrote:

For more on what Suzanne is talking about, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message

On Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:09 AM a d wrote:

check out:

http://tortoiseshell.net/coffeebreak...on-breaks.html

i guess all you have to do is put the cursor BEFORE the break and just 'delete' it rather than trying to 'backspace' it

Lucene.Net Indexing Searching Entry Level Tutorial
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-tutorial.aspx

Old September 23rd 10, 10:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
a d

On Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:10 AM a d wrote:

check out:

http://tortoiseshell.net/coffeebreak...on-breaks.html

i guess all you have to do is put the cursor BEFORE the break and just 'delete' it rather than trying to 'backspace' it

Kentico CMS for ASP.NET Sites
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...net-sites.aspx

Old February 18th 14, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
nancyclaxton@gmail.com

Default Can't delete section break (next page)

On Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:29:37 AM UTC-5, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

Thanks Bob!!!
Old February 12th 16, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mgrossnick@gmail.com

On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:29:37 PM UTC-8, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

I am having the same problem and none of this is working for me. I can see the section break, but cannot delete it(either way listed) or highlight it.
Old April 7th 16, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
patceg@gmail.com

On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:29:37 PM UTC-8, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

I am having the same problem and none of this is working for me. I can see the section break, but cannot delete it(either way listed) or highlight it.

Mgros, I found that if I had track changes turned on it would retain the next page section break. I had to turn track changes off to make the delete possible.
Old May 11th 16, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
julyruby1977@gmail.com

"Bobbi" wrote in message ...
No, it doesn't work. I've had this problem previously. Once you insert a
"section break (next page)" it's almost impossible to get rid of.

Sigh!

Bobbi
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Bob Buckland, THANK YOU!!! Your advice worked perfectly for my document. Its a huge policy manual and I have sections galore. THANK YOU!!!

Claire
Old May 11th 16, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cvigil@edgcomb-law.com

On Tuesday, February 12, 2008 at 10:29:37 PM UTC-8, Bobbi wrote:
Word 2003: How can I delete a "section break (next page)"? It just won't go
away?

Bobbi

I am having the same problem and none of this is working for me. I can see the section break, but cannot delete it(either way listed) or highlight it.

Mgros, I found that if I had track changes turned on it would retain the next page section break. I had to turn track changes off to make the delete possible.

Wow! That worked perfectly. After wasting a lot of time, I just turned off Track Changes, deleted the page break, and turned Track Changes back on. Perfect! Thank you so much!
Old June 14th 16, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
thiago.aydos@gmail.com

THAAAANK YOUU!!! YOU SAVED MY LIFE.
Old July 31st 16, 05:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ezequielcontreras4@gmail.com

YOU ARE MY SAVIOR. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Excuse me for the caps, but I have spent almost 5 hours trying to figure how to delete those nasty section breaks in my book. Just happens to be that you literaly "delete" it.
Once more, Thank you.