Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garyb garyb is offline

Default Adobe Install causing Word problem

I have installed Adobe Professional 8 and now my Word 2003 will only start in
safe mode. How do I uninstall the add ons that Adobe has added
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can uninstall it from the Adobe Acrobat setup, however make sure that
you update Acrobat to the lastest iteration 8.1.2 before you do so as it
should work comfortably with Word 2003, and removing the add-in will curtail
the available functionality from Word.

GaryB wrote:
I have installed Adobe Professional 8 and now my Word 2003 will only
start in safe mode. How do I uninstall the add ons that Adobe has
added

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
116 116 is offline

--

I have the same issue regarding the Adobe addin. I can see that the addin
is disabled, but...I hate to say it, how do you remove it?

David

GaryB wrote:
I have installed Adobe Professional 8 and now my Word 2003 will only
start in safe mode. How do I uninstall the add ons that Adobe has
added

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As I indicated in the reply to which you posted your question. You need to
re-run Acrobat install to remove the add-in, however if you do so, you will
never achieve the level of functionality that Acrobat provides to Word. If
you have the correct version of Acrobat you would be better enabling it. -
see http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm