Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve Chalastra Steve Chalastra is offline

Default Set time delay for or turn off tooltips

In Word 2007, I'm getting quite frustrated with the extensive tooltips that
appear in various places, blocking the content that I need to see. Two
examples: (1) When I mouse over the style names in the Styles pane, large
tooltips describing the style appear below the cursor, obscuring the style
names below. (2) When I'm working with text revisions, enormous tooltips
appear every time I move my cursor, obscuring the text I need to work with.
I would like to be able to either set a delay of, say, 2 or 3 seconds
between moving the cursor and seeing the tooltips or else just turn them off
completely. As it is, their continuous popping up almost immediately is a
huge annoyance that interrupts my workflow and detracts from my productivity.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Silvercode Silvercode is offline

Yeah, I agreed on this one. I really hate tooltips, because they obscure me
from seeing the actual content. At least allow me to select the delay for
them, like 5 seconds and also maybe the size of them. Plus I don't want to
see tooltips at all at certain places. This is a huge issue for me and it
appears in every program. Usually there has been some delay, but nowadays the
tooltips are instant and really big. The first problem when I started to use
Word 2007 was the tooltips when I hovered mouse pointer over the style list.