Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JBall JBall is offline

Default Word 2007 and HP LaserJet 1040 combination

The problem seems to a combination of Word 2007 and my HP Laser Jet 1040. The
printed document has bars on the extreme right side of the page, beyond the
right margin. The bars appear at the end of any line that has printing in it,
including lines with only graphics in the line. The bars do not appear at the
end of blank lines.
The same document appears okay when I print it to my HP C4200, Fax or Paper
Port. No problem when I print to the HP1040 from Access, Excel or Publisher
2007. The problem only occurs with the Word 2007 and HP1040 combination.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word can be very demanding of printer drivers and Word 2007 has introduced
problems of its own. Your first step should be to ascertain whether there is
an alternative printer driver available for your particular printer, or in
its absence you may be able to use a standard Windows PCL printer driver
until there is.
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/

JBall wrote:
The problem seems to a combination of Word 2007 and my HP Laser Jet
1040. The printed document has bars on the extreme right side of the
page, beyond the right margin. The bars appear at the end of any line
that has printing in it, including lines with only graphics in the
line. The bars do not appear at the end of blank lines.
The same document appears okay when I print it to my HP C4200, Fax or
Paper Port. No problem when I print to the HP1040 from Access, Excel
or Publisher 2007. The problem only occurs with the Word 2007 and
HP1040 combination.
Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JBall JBall is offline

Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded and installed the newest HP1020
driver, but it turned out to be the same version 6.01 with the same result. I
did find a work around: I noticed not all printed pages had the bars on the
right side, only pages with graphics on them. I tried different type files to
see if they all had the same effect. The .jpeg and .png files caused the
problem. A document with a .wmf file printed okay. So I went back to Corel
Draw and exported my logos in .wmf files. So now I at least have a €śwork
around€ť. I think the offending files are more like vector files, I dont know
if the .wmf files are matrix or vector. That may be where the problem is
caused.