Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
arcblade arcblade is offline

Default Can I view changes to a word doc if Tracking was never setup?

I have a word doc, but I want to know if I can set it up so I can seen
any/all changes made to the document by other users.
Please note: TRACKNIG WAS NEVER TURNED ON.
I am aware that this helps but I want to know if ther are alternate methods.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

No, there aren't any alternate methods. If changes made to a document
weren't tracked then there is nothing to view -- Word doesn't keep an
internal change history.

Now, if you have an original copy of the document and want to know the
revisions that were made you can compare the original to the modified copy
using the Compare command.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton