Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mtyler Mtyler is offline

Default Office 2003 is disabled after 2007 Trial

Hello,

My daughter just emailed me to tell me that her Office 2003 is disabled
after she tried the Office 2007 Trial.

She says she gets prompted to insert the Office CD to install "a feature"
from the CD (the original Office 03 CD's are here at home...she is at
college).

She also says that all the Office 2003 programs still are in her program
list, but cannot run them.

Anyone have any tip how I can help her get going again (from a distance)?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

She is probably going to need the disc to reconfigure Word 2003 before
switching off the prompt. She may be able to borrow and copy disc from a
fellow student at college, or you could mail her a copy of the original.
Discs from the same office version should all work for this issue. If
necessary she could get the installed key by using Belarc Advisor
www.belarc.com/free_download.html or you could inform her of the number from
the disc packaging.

When the installation has re-configured, if she wishes to continue to run
the trial she needs to see http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm
which explains how to run them in tandem.