Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dean-nie dean-nie is offline

Default Searching for spaces and removing them

I've exported data, choosing a tab to separate fields from an old version of
Paradox - opened it into Word. I'm trying to eliminate the spaces between
each field using search and replace. Reveal formatting is on but there is no
tab code in doc just space indicators. What do I put in replace box - there
is no code for spaces?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Just type a space (press the spacebar once for each space). If they're
nonbreaking spaces, which appear as degree signs instead of dots, type
Ctrl+Shift+space in the box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

dean-nie wrote:
I've exported data, choosing a tab to separate fields from an old
version of Paradox - opened it into Word. I'm trying to eliminate
the spaces between each field using search and replace. Reveal
formatting is on but there is no tab code in doc just space
indicators. What do I put in replace box - there is no code for
spaces?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dean-nie dean-nie is offline

Hi Jay
Tried both suggestions but they didn't work. Now Find or Find and Replace
doesn't work in this file (works in another Work file) I've tried it with
reveal formatting on or off - no luck. This doc originally was exported as
an askii file - which I brought into word - should that make a difference?
Dean-nie

dean-nie wrote:
I've exported data, choosing a tab to separate fields from an old
version of Paradox - opened it into Word. I'm trying to eliminate
the spaces between each field using search and replace. Reveal
formatting is on but there is no tab code in doc just space
indicators. What do I put in replace box - there is no code for
spaces?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Something's not right. If you want to zip up a copy of the file and email it
to me, I'll have a look.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Just type a space (press the spacebar once for each space). If
they're nonbreaking spaces, which appear as degree signs instead of
dots, type Ctrl+Shift+space in the box.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman