Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Default Are H3 and Heading 3 always italics? Table of Contents

(1) I've not been able to get rid of the italics at this level. Is it
designed that way?

(2) Also, when inserting the table of contents and then Options, I want to
use H1 H2 H3, but only H1 is there and I have to check and rank H2 and H3,
then uncheck Heading 1, 2, 3. How do I change this?

(3) How do I get better spacing between the line of text in the TOC between
H1, H2, H3.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I take it that H1, H2, and H3 are custom styles and not just aliases for
Headings 1, 2, and 3? Why? There are multiple advantages to using the
built-in heading styles (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ngStyles.html).

If you have assigned outline levels of 1, 2, and 3 to H1, H2, and H3, they
should appear at the proper level in the default three-level TOC. You can
modify the formatting of TOC 1, TOC 2, and TOC 3 as desired. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm

"bretsharon" wrote in message
(1) I've not been able to get rid of the italics at this level. Is it
designed that way?

(2) Also, when inserting the table of contents and then Options, I want to
use H1 H2 H3, but only H1 is there and I have to check and rank H2 and H3,
then uncheck Heading 1, 2, 3. How do I change this?

(3) How do I get better spacing between the line of text in the TOC

between
H1, H2, H3.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

You are right again....I don't know where these came from....Its more
sophisticated than I can handle..but I deleted them and used heading instead
and works...