cutie101 cutie101 is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Help! equal space between main body text and footnote separator line on every page?

Hey

I am currently working on publishing a book and would like to know how one can get equal space between the end of text on a page and the footnote separator line? For some pages there is little space between the two, but on other pages there is a lot of space. I've tried to look on draft - view notes - footnote separator, but I don't see what I'm looking to do there? There's no unnecessary spaces on there or anything. I've seen in many books where they have footnotes that they have equal spacing between the line (or where their footnotes are for books that don't use the line) and the last line of the text on a page. How do I get things like this? Any help would be much appreciated! x

Feel free to let me know if you require any additional info! Thank you!

~Cutie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Help! equal space between main body text and footnote separatorline on every page?

One thing is to be sure that "Keep Lines Together" isn't selected for either the text paragraph styles or the footnote paragraph style. You might also want to turn off widow and orphan protection.

But mostly, Word isn't a typesetting program, and fine details like that may
not be fully controllable.

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 9:31:03 PM UTC-5, cutie101 wrote:
Hey

I am currently working on publishing a book and would like to know how
one can get equal space between the end of text on a page and the
footnote separator line? For some pages there is little space between
the two, but on other pages there is a lot of space. I've tried to look
on draft - view notes - footnote separator, but I don't see what I'm
looking to do there? There's no unnecessary spaces on there or anything.
I've seen in many books where they have footnotes that they have equal
spacing between the line (or where their footnotes are for books that
don't use the line) and the last line of the text on a page. How do I
get things like this? Any help would be much appreciated! x

Feel free to let me know if you require any additional info! Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Peter wrote, this isn't fully customizable. You can set footnote
placement to "Below text" (in the Footnote and Endnote dialog box) if that
helps.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"cutie101" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

True. I would also stick to "Bottom of page."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP