Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jorge L. Maldonado

Default Document Properties Custom Tab

I was resently upgraded to Microsoft Office Professional 2003, and one day
while playing around with the different menu's I noticed the document
properties option. I decided to take a look. Well after a bit of exploring
I knoticed the custom tab had several custom fields that I did not create.

Example
Author
email addresss

My question is this did I do something to create these (I don't believe I
did) or is this something that Word 2003 does automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

By default the Custom tab of File | Properties has these fields:

Checked by
Client
Date completed
Department
Destination
Disposition
Division
Document number
Editor
Forward to
Group
Language
Mailstop
Matter
Office
Owner
Project
Publisher
Purpose
Received from
Recorded by
Recorded date
Reference
Source
Status
Telephone number
Typist

It's possible that others would be added if you use Word as your default
email editor.

"Jorge L. Maldonado" wrote in
message ...
I was resently upgraded to Microsoft Office Professional 2003, and one day
while playing around with the different menu's I noticed the document
properties option. I decided to take a look. Well after a bit of

exploring
I knoticed the custom tab had several custom fields that I did not create.

Example
Author
email addresss

My question is this did I do something to create these (I don't believe I
did) or is this something that Word 2003 does automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Those fields are supplied by default with Word. They are not "created," and
they have no value unless you assign one. If you're seeing custom fields
other than that, they may be created by a macro in the template, or they may
have been added manually by the creator of the template or document.

"Jorge L. Maldonado" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

By default the Custom tab of File | Properties has these fields:

Checked by
Client
Date completed
[...]

newsgroup so