Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amy

Default Automatic document footer updates

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how or if you can have the footers in a word doc update
automatically or in one easy step? We have the year shown in our document
footers at work and I need to change all of the document footers that say
2005 to 2006. So, rather that going in to each one, I thought there may be an
easier way...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

Amy: There's an easy way for "next" time :-)

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/as...861431033.aspx

Put a Date field in the footer of your document, formatted to show just the
year. You will have to visit every document this time, but next year they
will all change automatically :-)

Cheers

On 9/3/06 3:40 AM, in article
, "Amy"
wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how or if you can have the footers in a word doc update
automatically or in one easy step? We have the year shown in our document
footers at work and I need to change all of the document footers that say
2005 to 2006. So, rather that going in to each one, I thought there may be an
easier way...

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410