Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bobbi Bobbi is offline

Default Document Map text has shrunk to an unreadable size

I have found it depends on the view setting in the Outline view. In our case
the font size was huge. When we opened the Outline view, the Zoom level was
set to 200%. Set it back to 100%, when back to Print view, turned on the
Document Map and the font was back to normal.

For the fonts that vary dependent on the width of the document map, I did
not try it, but my guess would be that the Zoom setting in the Outline view
is set to Page or Text width.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This is a weird one, and the solution is weirder. Switch to Outline view and
back. No one can say why this works, but it does.

"Vicki K" wrote in message
I have been using the Document Map feature for a long time. Within the

last
couple of weeks, the text in the document map has become so small it is
unreadable. If I increase the width of the document map, the text

increases
also. If I decrease the width, the text decreases. I do not know what I

did
to cause this to happen. I am using Word 2003.

This happens with every Word document I open on my computer.

Any ideas?