Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ninafriction ninafriction is offline

Default Text turned into symbols ??

HELP! I just opened a document and half of my text is looking like symbols or
something. It looks like this, but with a bunch of boxes where the spaces
appear:
ì¥Á 7 ð ¿

And it turned three pages of text into about 16, with one sentence of
gibberish on the top of each page.

Please help me. I need to get this text back.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Nina,

In Tools=Options=General in Word 2003 or earlier turn on
Confirm Conversions on Open

Then using File=Open in Word check to be sure that you're 'file type' listing at the bottom of that dialog is set to 'Word
document' and then try opening the file again to see if you get the same result.

7

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP