Gerry Duggan

Default Automatic calculation as data is entered into table cells

I am trying to set up a table that will sum values as they
enetered into cells. I thought that if I inserted a
formula into a cell that this would perform the
calculation. The only thing I can get it to do is to
perform the calculation once. If I change any of the
values in the data cells the total does not change in the
cell where the formula has been inserted. I have to
renenterthe cell to get a new total if any of the original
values are changed.

Is ther any way of setting up a formula in a cell that
will autimatically caluclate the result as values are
added and/or changed?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Gerry
CyberTaz

Calculations (formulas) in Word are inserted as Fields which do not update
automatically. If that is what you want, the best recommendation IMHO is to
insert an Excel Worksheet object rather tha using a Word Table. InsertObject

Good Luck |:)
"Gerry Duggan" wrote:

I am trying to set up a table that will sum values as they
enetered into cells. I thought that if I inserted a
formula into a cell that this would perform the
calculation. The only thing I can get it to do is to
perform the calculation once. If I change any of the
values in the data cells the total does not change in the
cell where the formula has been inserted. I have to
renenterthe cell to get a new total if any of the original
values are changed.

Is ther any way of setting up a formula in a cell that
will autimatically caluclate the result as values are
added and/or changed?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Gerry

Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 05:10 AM
Data Mess Karen Microsoft Word Help 4 February 8th 05 12:53 AM
Mail merge data source problem campwes Mailmerge 1 January 25th 05 07:16 PM
Word Field Codes in Excel data file mranz Mailmerge 7 December 11th 04 09:02 AM
Merge Data Source path Peter Jamieson Mailmerge 0 November 25th 04 07:15 PM