Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Enric

Default Error when I open a .DOT file

Dear folks,

I've got a .DOT document which whenever I open appears a dialogbox
containing the following message:

"If you open the document this statement will commit:
SELECT * FROM [TABLE] WHERE ((fAX IS NOT NULL))
Data of the database will set above the document"

When I click yes, appears the template two seconds and after that, MS Word
is closed. I'm seeing the event viewer but neither warning/errors appears
there.

Does anyone knows what the hell is happening with the aforementioned
document??

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Enric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Maybe you should be using FileNew rather than FileOpen. If that doesn't
overcome the problem, you should take it up with the person who created the
template to find out how it is intended to work.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Enric" wrote in message
Dear folks,

I've got a .DOT document which whenever I open appears a dialogbox
containing the following message:

"If you open the document this statement will commit:
SELECT * FROM [TABLE] WHERE ((fAX IS NOT NULL))
Data of the database will set above the document"

When I click yes, appears the template two seconds and after that, MS Word
is closed. I'm seeing the event viewer but neither warning/errors appears
there.

Does anyone knows what the hell is happening with the aforementioned
document??

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Enric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

A .DOT is _not_ a document, but a template. As was already suggested, if you
create a new document based on the template instead of opening it, this
might not occur. It is apparently occuring because of some vba code in the
template.

What kind of merge is this? Access?
--
Charles Kenyon