Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brianpmccullough brianpmccullough is offline

Default Paste Unformatted Text Shortcut?

Hello,

Is there a keyboard shortcut equivalent to the following menu command:

Edit Paste Special Unformatted Text

....or is there a way to configure a shortcut for this?

I am a developer and I am constantly copying and pasting code snippets and
information into emails and Word docs and I hate the amount of clicks I need
to do this...

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can create a macro that pastes as unformatted text:

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

and then assign the macro to a toolbar button or a keyboard
shortcut to make it easy to run. See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...roToHotkey.htm .

brianpmccullough wrote:
Hello,

Is there a keyboard shortcut equivalent to the following menu command:

Edit Paste Special Unformatted Text

...or is there a way to configure a shortcut for this?

I am a developer and I am constantly copying and pasting code snippets and
information into emails and Word docs and I hate the amount of clicks I need
to do this...

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glenda Gammel Glenda Gammel is offline

Hi dear Brian:
You probably know this. You can open NOTEPAD and keep it minimized till you
need it. You may create a Notepad shortcut on your desktop and drag it into
your bottom left toolbar so it's handy. Then you may open as many Notepad
screens as you need as you work. PASTE whatever you want first into
Notepad. Then copy it from Notepad to Word or email to remove all
formatting, photos, colors, graphics, hyperlinks, whatever.
Sincerely,
Glenda Gammel