Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Corlinsmom Corlinsmom is offline

Default How do I get rid of that speed-scrolling that pops up in Word?

When using the scroll bars, this little scroll thing pops in at random that
scrolls me far and fast. I'd like to get rid of it and can't find anything in
Help files.
I believe it occurs in other programs but it's the most obnoxious in Word.

I followed steps to eliminate "Smart Scroll" from the "Start" menu (not
knowing what Smart Scroll is, but assuming...), but this did not eliminate
the little demon.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Corlinsmom,

The (Mouse) wheel that you are using to scroll is also a BUTTON.

Try to scroll without PRESSING the button.

If the 'little scroll thing' appears, press the (Wheel) button to remove it.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Corlinsmom" wrote in message
When using the scroll bars, this little scroll thing pops in at random that
scrolls me far and fast. I'd like to get rid of it and can't find anything in
Help files.
I believe it occurs in other programs but it's the most obnoxious in Word.

I followed steps to eliminate "Smart Scroll" from the "Start" menu (not
knowing what Smart Scroll is, but assuming...), but this did not eliminate
the little demon.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

It's hard to say from the little information you give but this is generally
a mouse function of some sort. If you are on a laptop with a touchpad and
have touchpad enhancement software it's easy to accidentally touch the pad
in the wrong place and trigger an unintended action.

--
Enjoy,
Tony