Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
suelynn suelynn is offline

Default how to remove arrows from tabs

All of my documents now show an arrow at each tab location. Does anyone know
what I did and how I can remove this from formatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click the ¶ on the Standard toolbar (Word 97-2003) or on the Home tab (Word
2007) to hide nonprinting marks. If that doesn't help, you will have to
explicitly deselect the option to show tab characters in the (Word) Options
dialog box: In Word 2007, click Office button | Word Options, Display;
deselect "Tab characters" under "Always show these formatting marks on the
screen." In Word 97-2003, the corresponding option is on the View tab of
Tools | Options.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP