Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bassplayer4x4 Bassplayer4x4 is offline

Default How can I change the formatting of the footnote separator line in

I am using Word 2007, I have figured how to use the footnotes and citiation
portion, however when I add footnotes to the bottom of the page there is too
much space between the separator line and the text of the footnote. I know
my prof's grader will take off points. Can anyone help?
Sorry if this is something easy.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Change to Draft View. On the Reference tab, click Show Notes. You get
a new window at the bottom, with a dropdown in its top bar. Choose
Footnote Separator and change the formatting. Note that the F.S.'s
paragraph is set to Normal by default, and Word2007's Normal has Space
After -- so it might be most efficient to create a new Paragraph Style
to use only in that spot.