BPatton

Default Templates for Word 2003

I have development templates that will not show up in Word 2003 when users
execute the FileNew step to create a new document. In Word 2000, the
available templates prompt shows all available templates, but the similar
prompt to the right of the new document in 2003 won't show them.
I have verified my File Locations in the Options prompt. For the templates
in question, I'm mapping to a server drive with the Workgroup Templates
identifier. (I have also tried copying the files under the Application Data
directory on the user's PC, but that doesn't work either.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!
Charles Kenyon

File New "On my computer" is the path to the File New dialog in Word
2003. To change this to simply File New, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm. For more on the
different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and locations of
templates folders see http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"BPatton" wrote in message
I have development templates that will not show up in Word 2003 when users
execute the FileNew step to create a new document. In Word 2000, the
available templates prompt shows all available templates, but the similar
prompt to the right of the new document in 2003 won't show them.
I have verified my File Locations in the Options prompt. For the templates
in question, I'm mapping to a server drive with the Workgroup Templates
identifier. (I have also tried copying the files under the Application
Data
directory on the user's PC, but that doesn't work either.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

BPatton

Charles:
Your reply is excellent, but I need a little more hand holding. How exactly
do I change the FileNewOn My Computer setting for those users who are
upgraded to XP with Word 2003? (Most of us here, in fact, aren't, so my
templates are being called up from the server location just fine by most.)
I'm trying to fix 3% of the population....
Thanks again!