Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
EasySite EasySite is offline

Default Headings 1 and 2 problem

Hello,

I insert heading 1 and it puts in '1' which is fine. I then put heading 2
and it puts in '1.1' which again is fine.

I now put heading 1 again, and it comes up with '2' - fine. I then put in
heading 2 and it puts in '1.2' - WRONG!

I need it to say '2.1' - why does it do this? Can someone help? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you made your headings part of the same outline-numbered list? See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

"EasySite" wrote in message
Hello,

I insert heading 1 and it puts in '1' which is fine. I then put heading 2
and it puts in '1.1' which again is fine.

I now put heading 1 again, and it comes up with '2' - fine. I then put in
heading 2 and it puts in '1.2' - WRONG!

I need it to say '2.1' - why does it do this? Can someone help? Thanks

Outline numbering - headings and no-headings on same level VBMoron Microsoft Word Help 1 October 23rd 07 02:06 PM
Numbering in headings problem Bryan Microsoft Word Help 2 July 26th 07 03:32 PM
Headings angryt Page Layout 1 February 2nd 07 12:17 AM
Problem with outline-numbered headings LisaH Formatting Long Documents 1 July 28th 06 05:59 PM
Headings seyyah New Users 5 January 3rd 06 10:32 AM