aubreyco

Default Can Table AutoFormat apply formatting to multiple heading rows?

I am using Word 2003.

I have a table with two heading rows that would repeat across pages. The
Table AutoFormat options suggest that the special formatting will be applied
to both ("Apply special formats to" says "Heading rows," not "Heading row"),
but if I apply the AutoFormat I want it effects only the first row, and
actually resets the multiple heading rows.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug/feature in Word?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?YXVicmV5Y28=?=,

I am using Word 2003.

I have a table with two heading rows that would repeat across pages. The
Table AutoFormat options suggest that the special formatting will be applied
to both ("Apply special formats to" says "Heading rows," not "Heading row"),
but if I apply the AutoFormat I want it effects only the first row, and
actually resets the multiple heading rows.

I just made a quick test, and it appears to work just fine, here. This is what
I did:

1. Created a table with three rows and typed in some text

2. Created a new table style
- Arial 10 for the entire table
- Selected "Header row" from the "Apply formatting to" list
- Activated bold and dark red font

3. Selected the table and applied the style

4. Selected the first two rows, then Table/Heading rows repeat

5. Generated lots of new rows, until the table broke to a new page.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)