Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
eri

Default How to lose formatting cross-hairs in the corners of the document?

After a seminar and work session where many different people were using my
computer to work on, and swapping documents out in Word from Macs and PCs, it
seems that a formatting option has stuck in my Word program; and I find that
every document that I open in Word now has 4 crosshairs (1 in each corner of
the page) that define the margins of the document.

I have tried every option I know of, and have gone through every menu bar to
remove them and still cannot find the control for this option. These
crosshairs do not appear on any printed pages, however I have not seen them
before, and want to know how to put them on and off.

Can anyone help me with the menu control option that shows and removes the
margin cross-hairs from Word documents??

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371 "Margin marks or
crop marks appear on each corner of the page when you open a
document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003".

eri wrote:

After a seminar and work session where many different people were using my
computer to work on, and swapping documents out in Word from Macs and PCs, it
seems that a formatting option has stuck in my Word program; and I find that
every document that I open in Word now has 4 crosshairs (1 in each corner of
the page) that define the margins of the document.

I have tried every option I know of, and have gone through every menu bar to
remove them and still cannot find the control for this option. These
crosshairs do not appear on any printed pages, however I have not seen them
before, and want to know how to put them on and off.

Can anyone help me with the menu control option that shows and removes the
margin cross-hairs from Word documents??

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
eri

Default How to lose formatting cross-hairs in the corners of the docum

I had no idea that the crosshairs would be tied to asian language settings.
Someone obviously opened a document on my computer that had Korean language
enabled. I simply removed the Korean language option from the list of
languages on the computer and away those crosshairs went.

--Thanks