Douglas McKibbin

Default How do I set up a macro to set selected words typeface to Bold?

I have to set certains words in a document typeface to bold from plain text.
When I record a macro in Word to "replace all" nothing happens. If I
manually "replace all" or "replace", the typeface sets properly to bold. It
is as if the macro is not examining the document
Jay Freedman

Douglas McKibbin wrote:
I have to set certains words in a document typeface to bold from
plain text. When I record a macro in Word to "replace all" nothing
happens. If I manually "replace all" or "replace", the typeface sets
properly to bold. It is as if the macro is not examining the document

Hi Douglas

The macro recorder has a bug, and it fails to record your choice of
formatting.

Go to http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ordedMacro.htm and look
at the section titled "Fixing broken Replace macros". It will show you how
to fix the macro you recorded.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles Kenyon

It is very difficult to guess what is happening without your code being
posted.

Why not simply mark the words you want to emphasize in a custom character
style and then change the formatting of that style to bold?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Douglas McKibbin" Douglas wrote in