Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ItsBarbara ItsBarbara is offline

Default AutoTextList

Is it possible to have an AutoTextList that displays complete items, but only
inserts the 1st 2 characters when selected.

For example, I have a table that needs a code entered into a column(B1,B2,B3
etc.) but I want the user to be able to see what the code represents when
they right-click so if they select "B1 Essential Questions", the only thing
entered into the table is B1.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The dropdown of the AutoTextList field displays the names of the AT
entries; when you select one entry, the result is the value of the
entry. You just have to define the entries that way -- select the code
and make it into an entry, and when you're prompted for the entry's
name, supply the longer version.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman