Headers and section breaks

Old January 21st 05, 05:59 PM
Rick Charnes

Default Headers and section breaks

I'm writing a macro in which I need to delete all text from current
cursor position to end of document, which covers several sections some
of which have headers and footers. But I need to preserve the headers
and footers from the first section. I know a straight delete would
cause me to lose my Section 1 headers, and to avoid this I have to turn
on "Link With Previous" for headers in later sections.

My question: do I have to do this with ALL later headers, or just the
ones in the final section of the document?

Oh, what a mess.