Erich Zimmerman

Default Loading a global template

I am trying to combine styles for multiple templates in a document. I load
the templates as global templates (Tools--Templates and Add-ins). However,
when I do that, the styles/formatting for those templates don't appear.

In this case, I am not using Normal.dot as my attached template, and the
attached template has very few styles defined; I was planning on simply using
the styles from the global template.

Global templates can't supply styles or formatting, only toolbars, AutoText,
macros, etc. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...latesStore.htm

"Erich Zimmerman" wrote in
message ...
I am trying to combine styles for multiple templates in a document. I load
the templates as global templates (Tools--Templates and Add-ins).

However,
when I do that, the styles/formatting for those templates don't appear.

In this case, I am not using Normal.dot as my attached template, and the
attached template has very few styles defined; I was planning on simply

using
the styles from the global template.

Charles Kenyon

Global templates don't work this way without macros. See
http://addbalance.com/word/stylesheet.htm. Otherwise, attach your templates
and update the styles (but they may work at cross-purposes) or use the
Organizer to copy the styles from your templates to your documents.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Erich Zimmerman" wrote in