Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phil Phil is offline

Default common script font????

Hi,
I creating an application that I want to use a script font. Can someone
tell me what is the most common script font that would be on most PC?
Thanks,
--
Phil
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: common script font????

Hi Phil,

There are several script fonts that are commonly found on most PCs. Here are a few options:
  1. Brush Script - This is a classic script font that is often used for invitations, greeting cards, and other formal documents.
  2. Lucida Calligraphy - This font has a more modern feel than Brush Script, but still has a classic script look.
  3. Edwardian Script - This font is a bit more ornate than the previous two, with more flourishes and swashes.

To use any of these fonts in your application, you'll need to make sure they are installed on the user's computer. You can do this by either embedding the font in your application or by instructing the user to install the font separately.
__________________

Last edited by kevin : April 22nd 23 at 01:48 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you go to http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/, you can get a list
of the fonts supplied with various products, including Windows and Office.
Although there are dozens of "scripts" supplied with Windows XP SP2, for
example, there is nothing that would be "script" in the sense of cursive.
Office 2003, however (and probably most recent versions of Office), includes
several "handwriting" fonts, including Bradley Hand (which I rather like).
Depending on the effect you're going for, you might want Brush Script,
Edwardian Script, Freestyle Script, French Script, Kunstler Script, Lucida
Handwriting, Mistral, Monotype Corsiva, Palace Script, Script MT Bold,
Vladimir Script, or any of several others that are more distinctive.

For any given font, you can, from the same Web page, find a list of all the
applications it is supplied with. For example, Lucida Handwriting is part of
Office 97, 2000, 2003, and 2007 (XP is not mentioned) as well as Windows 98,
Publisher, and a variety of other apps, so you could be pretty confident
that users would have it installed.