Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gooch's Mom

Default recover overwritten file

I mistakenly overwrote a file and am desperately trying to recover the
original file. Not having any luck. Using Microsoft Office 2003. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Go to Tools Options. If 'Always create backup copy' is checked on the Save
tab, the folder that contained the file may contain a file called 'Backup of
....' which will be the file as it was the last time it was opened (ie,
without the changes from the last edit).

Failing that, restore it from your last backup.

"Gooch's Mom" Gooch's wrote in message
I mistakenly overwrote a file and am desperately trying to recover the
original file. Not having any luck. Using Microsoft Office 2003. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rajkohli

The backup file could be hidden. if you are good on luck then you may have
the last saved data. Best of luck!

Let us know.