L. Peter Stacey

Default Formating and column problem

I have a newsletter to do and am using columns as well as tables for page
layout but am having problems with how the text behaves where two columns
start or end. At one place the text wraps from the bottom of first column to
the top of the next. But at another location the text at the top of the
second column forces the top text in column one to keep going down and later
the second text moves to the top of first column.
Not sure if this makes sense but it is driving me nuts.
Using MSWord 2003.
TIA Peter.

TF

Turn on the Non-printing characters (Ctrl+Shift+8) and check to see if you
have paragraph marks padding out the gap between the bottom of one column
and the top of the next.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"L. Peter Stacey" wrote in message
:I have a newsletter to do and am using columns as well as tables for page
: layout but am having problems with how the text behaves where two columns
: start or end. At one place the text wraps from the bottom of first column
: the top of the next. But at another location the text at the top of the
: second column forces the top text in column one to keep going down and
later
: the second text moves to the top of first column.
: Not sure if this makes sense but it is driving me nuts.
: Using MSWord 2003.
: TIA Peter.
:
:

L. Peter Stacey

Suzanne.
Not sure what you mean by "Keep with Next" etc.
Peter.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
"Keep with next" and "Keep lines together" can also come into play here.

so