NAK

Default How do I enable the merge to fax option in Word 2003?

I would like to fax documents from Word 2003 to contacts in Outlook 2003 from
a Windows XP Pro workstation, using the shared fax in SBS2003.
The "Merge to Fax" icon in the Word mailmerge menu is not active. How do I
enable this option.
Peter Jamieson

First, see

http://www.tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

However, although the information in there is relevant to your situation, I
do not think you will be able to get the code in that article to work with
the SBS shared fax stuff, because the "FaxServer" object used in the code
only recognises the faxmodems attached to the local client machine.

I suspect this is a limitation of the old FaxServer object that I used in
the code in my article. I am currently looking at a new version, using the
"extended" fax object model that was introduced in Windows XP/2003 to see if
it can overcome this problem. I hope to have some sample code soon: if it
works, you may be able to adapt it for you use. If it doesn't, it might mean
that it's not possible, but it's more likely to mean that I haven't fully
understood the new objects yet :-)

Please post to this thread if you are still interested.

Peter Jamieson
"NAK" wrote in message
I would like to fax documents from Word 2003 to contacts in Outlook 2003
from
a Windows XP Pro workstation, using the shared fax in SBS2003.
The "Merge to Fax" icon in the Word mailmerge menu is not active. How do I
enable this option.

Peter Jamieson

NB, I have now produced a second macro that seems to work with the SBS
shared fax server, as long as the client workstation is Winndows XP or later
(i.e. has the newer fax objects).

It's all at http://www.tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

Peter Jamieson

Reveal Codes BAW Microsoft Word Help 2 June 7th 05 03:38 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 12:04 AM