Rodsman

Default Use of template agreements, no changes to templates

Hi all,

My office uses model agreements which are used by about 25 other people day
in and day out. They all start from the same model and are supposed to copy
the template to their local hard drive and then work from the copy. Of
course, there are always those 1-2 folks that don't do that and then modify
the model which is not a good thing and a pain to detect and then rectify.

My question, how can we make the templates safe from any changes while still
allowing folks to download them to their hard drives to use as needed? I've
been updating our model agreements and playing with the security settings but
cannot find the right combination. Basically, we want people to have access
to the model agreements, but not allow them to make any changes to them but
copy them to their hard drive for use. It may be an easy thing but it is
alluding me.

Thanks
Charles Kenyon

1) Store these as templates (Save As ... Template) not as documents.
2) Store them in a workgroup templates folder on your network.
3) Set the users' computers so that that folder is designated as the
workgroup templates folder.
4) Train your users to create new agreements by using File New and
selecting the appropriate template.

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Rodsman" wrote in message
[...]

Rodsman

Charles,

This is great and I've added the documents as templates on our network
drive, but how do I get that folder to appear as a tab on the templates
dialog box? I did go to options and select the new folder with the templates
as the Working Group templates location but when I go to New and then
templates, there is no link to that network drive.

Needless to say our IT support is not that great as really shouldn't be
having to do all this myself, but it usually works out faster if I do.

Thanks