rjezowski

Default Best file format for Word?

I typically save logos as jpegs but I've noticed that sometimes these
are very fuzzy in Word. Is there a better or preferred format for
logo-type graphics?

TIA

--
rjezowski

GIF is a more suitable format for line art/clip art; JPEGs is for
continuous-tone art such as photos. Both are bitmap formats, however, and
will be jaggy if resized, especially if enlarged. Graphics that look fine
onscreen will often print unsatisfactorily. For printing purposes EPS (if
you have a PostScript-enabled printer) or some other vector format is
preferable.

"rjezowski" wrote in message
.. .

I typically save logos as jpegs but I've noticed that sometimes these
are very fuzzy in Word. Is there a better or preferred format for
logo-type graphics?

TIA

--
rjezowski

MaryC

I'm a graphic artist and I save my logos as 300 dpi tiff images or as
eps files depending on the program I used to create them.

I reserve jpg and gif for images that will be used on web pages or I
plan to share via email.

Hope this helps,

--
MaryC
MaryC

It's also best to create your logo much larger than you plan to use it.
When you import it and resize it down to appropriate size it will get
sharper. Consequently, if you make it larger than it's original size it
will get softer.

I prefer to create logos in a program that creates eps images like
Illustrator. These file stay crisp no matter what size you make them.

--
MaryC