bill halliwell

Default how do i design a custom cd label template

the only cd labels available to me for printing at home do not meet the
pre-determined styles in word (avery or otherwise) i need to layout two 115mm
circular cd/dvd labels on an A4 page. ideally i would like to import pictures
and text to these labels.
better programmer wannabe

Hi Bill,

I have done exactly this.

1. From Word's drawing toolbar, select oval
2. Draw an oval on the upper half of a new document.
3. Select the oval and:
a. on the size tab set both the height and width of the oval to 115 mm
b. on the layout tab set the oval for in front of text
c. Click advance and on the Picture Position tab set and lock the page
position.
d. On the Colors and Lines tab set the fill color to White.
e. Then, set transparency to 100%
4. Copy and paste the oval to the lower half of the page.
Note - you will need to adjust the top and left margins to register with
your printer.

Save the document as a template.

Now, you can open the template and insert images. When you insert an image,
select the layout tab and place the image behind text. You can not size the
image and move it around until it meets your requirements.

Put the label paper in the printer and print.

Let me know if this works for you

Jim

Never at a loss for Word

"bill halliwell" wrote:

the only cd labels available to me for printing at home do not meet the
pre-determined styles in word (avery or otherwise) i need to layout two 115mm
circular cd/dvd labels on an A4 page. ideally i would like to import pictures
and text to these labels.

Jim Palik

Hi Bill,

I am not sure that the post below took. So I am sending it again under my
other user name.

--
Never at a loss for Word

"bill halliwell" wrote:

the only cd labels available to me for printing at home do not meet the
pre-determined styles in word (avery or otherwise) i need to layout two 115mm
circular cd/dvd labels on an A4 page. ideally i would like to import pictures
and text to these labels.

Graham Mayor

Word is a dreadfully poor tool for preparing CD labels. Publisher is better,
but Surething is the best and will have predefined laytouts for your labels.

Note that it is inadvisable to put paper labels on DVD discs.

bill halliwell wrote:
the only cd labels available to me for printing at home do not meet
the pre-determined styles in word (avery or otherwise) i need to
layout two 115mm circular cd/dvd labels on an A4 page. ideally i
would like to import pictures and text to these labels.

bill halliwell

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your suggestion.

After a few hours I managed to tweak the template provided on the microsoft
site. It was so labour intensive and totally trial and error based but I got
there. Will try your solution later. Look forward to regaining some creative
control!

Thanks again for your input.

Bill

"bill halliwell" wrote:

the only cd labels available to me for printing at home do not meet the
pre-determined styles in word (avery or otherwise) i need to layout two 115mm
circular cd/dvd labels on an A4 page. ideally i would like to import pictures
and text to these labels.

expanding custom dictionary [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 May 24th 05 10:21 PM
Global template: Custom menu is slow? HJ Microsoft Word Help 4 February 21st 05 10:55 PM
Label Template ll Microsoft Word Help 1 December 20th 04 06:05 PM
Custom toolbars in Word 2000 - not saving to document or template? RS Lanigan Microsoft Word Help 4 December 10th 04 06:31 PM
Why doesn't my custom template attach to my .htm file? KCS Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 04:58 AM