Which is the best picture file format suitable for Word with respect to Visio files?

Old August 24th 05, 08:01 AM
TechWriter

Default Which is the best picture file format suitable for Word with respect to Visio files?

I have created some visio files, which contain the flowchart for
various stages of a process. I want to insert all of them to a Word
document in the form of a picture file. First of all is it a good idea?
Will Word accept visio drawings as picture files?

Also if this is a good idea, then which file format do I convert the
visio files to? I tried .gif, but it doesn't display all the blocks of
the flowchart. I also tried .bmp, which does display all blocks, but at
the cost of clarity as well as messing up the font size. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Old August 24th 05, 08:16 AM
Jezebel

There's no inherent reason why GIFs should be chopping off part of the
graphic -- suggest you investigate that part of the problem, because in
other respects GIF is likely to be the best format for this purpose. In
general, GIF or JPG is best --

JPG is full colour, so preferred for photographs; but the image may
disintegrate if resized or re-oriented.
GIF is only 256 colors but handles vector information better, so tends to be
preferable for drawings and text rendering.

BMP is the last choice in most cases: fuzzy, as you observe, and the files
can get very large.

"TechWriter" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have created some visio files, which contain the flowchart for
various stages of a process. I want to insert all of them to a Word
document in the form of a picture file. First of all is it a good idea?
Will Word accept visio drawings as picture files?

Also if this is a good idea, then which file format do I convert the
visio files to? I tried .gif, but it doesn't display all the blocks of
the flowchart. I also tried .bmp, which does display all blocks, but at
the cost of clarity as well as messing up the font size. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Best file format for Word? rjezowski Microsoft Word Help 3 June 15th 05 07:54 PM
Non .doc files Tino New Users 12 March 9th 05 10:43 AM
Word 2003 - Save AS .HTML format does not save to one file Pamhall Microsoft Word Help 1 January 31st 05 05:54 PM
MS Word Picture Object tj Microsoft Word Help 0 January 26th 05 04:09 AM
File missing when loading by association Bad Horsey Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 07:33 PM