Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Madame Artois Madame Artois is offline

Default Watermarks and Page Numbers

I have a Word 2002 document which is 40 pages long. It has a table of
contents on the third page. Each page has a page number following the table
of contents. Each section is separated by section breaks (new page) but the
numbers follow on from the previous section.

When I insert a text watermark and either print the document or refresh the
table of contents, the page numbers revert to zero. Removing the watermark
then printing or fresh the table of contents makes the page numbers appear
again.

Has anyone got any clues?? I'm going round in circles!

--
Confused but battling on
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See if http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/pagenumber0.htm applies.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Madame Artois" wrote in message
I have a Word 2002 document which is 40 pages long. It has a table of
contents on the third page. Each page has a page number following the

table
of contents. Each section is separated by section breaks (new page)

but the
numbers follow on from the previous section.

When I insert a text watermark and either print the document or

refresh the
table of contents, the page numbers revert to zero. Removing the

watermark
then printing or fresh the table of contents makes the page numbers

appear
again.

Has anyone got any clues?? I'm going round in circles!

--
Confused but battling on

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Please see my reply to your question posted in another newsgroup.
Essentially, to resolve the issue, apply all of the updates for Office XP:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Madame Artois" wrote in message
I have a Word 2002 document which is 40 pages long. It has a table of
contents on the third page. Each page has a page number following the
table
of contents. Each section is separated by section breaks (new page) but
the
numbers follow on from the previous section.

When I insert a text watermark and either print the document or refresh
the
table of contents, the page numbers revert to zero. Removing the watermark
then printing or fresh the table of contents makes the page numbers appear
again.

Has anyone got any clues?? I'm going round in circles!

--
Confused but battling on

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

Madame Artois wrote:
I have a Word 2002 document which is 40 pages long. It has a table of
contents on the third page. Each page has a page number following the
table of contents. Each section is separated by section breaks (new
page) but the numbers follow on from the previous section.

When I insert a text watermark and either print the document or
refresh the table of contents, the page numbers revert to zero.
Removing the watermark then printing or fresh the table of contents
makes the page numbers appear again.

Has anyone got any clues?? I'm going round in circles!

How to Post to more than one group: