Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funzero funzero is offline

Default Columns in Text Box?

Is it possible to have columns in a text box? If it is I need help in
figuring out how to do it in Word 2007.

funzero
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Summer Summer is offline

Use Tables instead of text boxes then you can have columns.

"funzero" wrote in message
Is it possible to have columns in a text box? If it is I need help in
figuring out how to do it in Word 2007.

funzero

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

No, text box columns are not supported in Word, unfortunately. You can
place two columns next to each other and then link their contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"funzero" wrote in message
Is it possible to have columns in a text box? If it is I need help in
figuring out how to do it in Word 2007.

funzero

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funzero funzero is offline

This is for a newsletter and I have found that there are problems placing
graphics that bridge the two columns if I do that. The graphics stay in one
column or the other.

"funzero" wrote in message
Is it possible to have columns in a text box? If it is I need help in
figuring out how to do it in Word 2007.

funzero

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
funzero funzero is offline

I might give that a try...can you place graphics that span into two cells and
have text flow around the graphics?

"funzero" wrote in message
Is it possible to have columns in a text box? If it is I need help in
figuring out how to do it in Word 2007.

funzero

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc[_3_] Luc[_3_] is offline

Funzero,
As a workaround you can make the textbox in PowerPoint. You can apply
columns in textboxes there now. Then copy paste it in your Word-document.
Not quite what you are after but maybe it will help.
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"funzero" schreef in bericht